Sarasota Opera House
Located in the heart of downtown Sarasota, the newly renovated William E. Schmidt Opera Theater, along with four other indoor spaces, and the Donna Wolf Steigerwaldt Courtyard provide a variety options for wedding receptions, corporate events, bar-mitzvahs, private parties, or any other special date.
The Sarasota Opera House is a historic theater building used as an opera house at 61 North Pineapple Avenue in Sarasota, Florida. The building was the vision of A.B. Edwards, the first mayor of Sarasota. It opened on April 10, 1926, with a three-story entrance containing eight shops on the ground floor, 12 offices on the second floor, and 12 furnished apartments on the third. The theatre's auditorium contained an orchestral pipe organ. The Sarasota Herald-Tribune hailed Edwards for "having admitted Sarasota into a fairyland of costly decoration, rich furnishings and never to be forgotten artistry.
Seated Capacity: 150 people
Reception Capacity: 300 people